2. Sunriver is located on the grounds of the former Camp Abbot, a World War II training facility designed to train combat engineers in a simulated combat environment. The U.S. Army camp opened in 1942, but by June 1944, the camp was abandoned and most of the settlement was razed.
3. Sunriver was also the site of the pioneer Shonquest Ranch, Sunriver post office was established on July 18, 1969, at the same time the public facilities were opened.
4. Sunriver and all of Oregon has no sales tax.
5. Oreogn is one of the only two states where you can't pump your own gas (New Jersey being the other).
6. Permanent population of approximately 1,700 though during high peak season it may increase to upwaards of 20,000.
7. This region experiences warm (but not hot) and dry summers, with no average monthly temperatures abouve 80 degrees F. According to the Koppen Climate Classification system, Sunriver has a warm-summer Mediterranean climate, abbreviated "Csb" on climate maps.
8. Sunriver airport is a public use airport located one nautical mile (2 km) west of the central businesss district of Sunriver. It is a privately owned by Sunriver Resort, LP. this airport is included in the National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011-2015, which catergorized it as a general aviation facility.
9. Sunriver Observatory is an astronomical observatory operated by the not-for-profit Sunriver Nature Center &Observatory in Sunriver, Oregon. the observatory has 11 telescopes. In July 2012, the observatory was renamed the Oregon Observatory at Sunriver.
10. Sunriver's elevaton is at 4,164 ft (1,269.2m.)
11. Sunriver has over 35 miles of paved bike paths.
12. Average commute time is 32 minutes. the Ntional Average is 25 minutes in Bend.
If you are thinking of selling your Sunriver home now is the time. This is one of the strongest sellers real estate markets we have ever seen in Sunriver, there is huge financial gains to sellers cashing in on the rising equities in their homes. So why is today any different than other times of being told it was a great time to sell?
The speed of today's real estate market is causing buyers to write offers sight unseen, to offer thousands of dollars above list price, to waive contract contingencies like appraisals and inspections, and to woo the seller in creative and unique ways. That is why if you are thinking at all about selling, the tremendously low inventory of homes for sale right now, along with the huge buyer demand and cash buyers, is pushing up home prices to offer opportunities for home seller's.
A seller's market means that there are more buyers than there is inventory, pushing the price of real estate up.
The real estate market measures "inventory" in terms of time on the market by comparing the ratio of active listings to pending sales as of the end of the month. This ratio gives us a turnover calculation, showing how long it will take for the current inventory of homes to sell. A real estate market is deemed to be a sellers' market when there is less than 5 months of inventory.
We can't predict how long this market will continue, if you are thinking of selling your home, don't wait and miss out on the market opportunity to sell for top dollar.
Increased home buyer demand due to historically low interest rates, increased demand from buyers due to economical circumstances, and low invnetory of homes pushing sales prices higher and higher.